MORE ABOUT TERRY AND ESTHER
Terry Real and Esther Perel are masters at stripping away the
veil from otherwise hopeless relationships.
Additionally, they know that sexual issues are but a symptom
of these broader dysfunctional patterns.
Real intimacy and a passionate sex life start with a courageous adventure into the core relational patterns. Granted, this path is only for the brave, but the reward is fierce intimacy with your partner and an untold joy!
Terry Real is an internationally recognized Family Therapist, Speaker and Author. He founded the Relational Life Institute (RLI), offering workshops for couples, individuals and parents around the country along with a professional training program for clinicians wanting to learn his RLT (Relational Life Therapy) methodology.
A family therapist and teacher for more than twenty five years, Terry is the best-selling author of I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression (Scribner, 1997), the straight-talking How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women (Scribner, 2002), and most recently The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Make Love Work (Random House). Terry knows how to lead couples on a step-by-step journey to greater intimacy — and greater personal fulfillment.
Through his books, the Institute, and workshops around the country, Terry helps women and men, parents and non-parents, to help them create the connection they desire in their relationships. Terry’s work, with its rigorous commonsense approach, speaks to both men and women. His ideas on men’s issues and on couple’s therapy have been celebrated in venues from the Good Morning America, The Today Show and 20/20, to Oprah and The New York Times. A proponent of “full-throttle marriage,” as described in The New Rules of Marriage, Terry has been called “the most innovative voice in thinking about and treating men and their relationships in the world today.”
The New York Times Book Review described Terry’s work as: “A critical contribution to feminist psychology (that) brings the Men’s movement a significant step forward.” Robert Bly hailed it as “moving onto new ground in both story and song. Exhilarating in its honesty.” Terry’s Relational Life Institute grew out of his extensive and empathic experience.
Esther Perel is recognized as one of the most insightful and provocative voices on personal and professional relationships and the complex science behind human interaction.
She is the best-selling author of Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence, translated into 25 languages. Fluent in nine of them, the Belgian native is a practicing psychotherapist, celebrated speaker and organizational consultant to Fortune 500 companies. The New York Times, in a cover story, named her the most important game changer on sexuality and relationships since Dr. Ruth. Her critically acclaimed viral TED Talks (The secret to desire in a long-term relationship, February 2013 & Rethinking infidelity…a talk for anyone who has ever loved, May 2015) have collectively reached over 10 million viewers.
Known for her keen cross-cultural pulse, Esther shifts the paradigm of our approach to modern relationships. She is regularly sought around the world for her expertise in relational health and communication, team building, erotic intelligence, couples and family identity, work-life balance, and corporate relationships. Her clients and platforms include companies such as Nike, Johnson & Johnson, the Open Society Institute, Tony Robbins Productions, Brighthouse Consulting, Summit Series, Founder’s Forum, PopTech, Young Presidents Organization, Entrepreneur Organization, and the Bronfman Foundation.
Esther’s innovative models for building strong and lasting relationships have been widely featured in the media across 5 continents spanning The New York Times, the Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Le Monde, Ha’Aretz and The Guardian, The New Yorker, Fast Company, and Vogue. She is a frequent guest on radio and television shows including NPR’s “Brian Lehrer Show,” “Oprah,” “The Today Show”, “Dr. Oz” and “The Colbert Report.”
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
5 Weekly Audio Presentations about power, sex, passion and intimacy.
2 Live Calls with Terry Real and a Bonus Call with Terry and Esther
Access to a private member area
Downloadable Recordings for life-time ownership of the material.
Full Transcripts to read at your convenience.
Special Bonus Materials
How to Stop Power Struggles Without Extinguishing the Fire
What does power mean for you? Terry and Esther begin the course with an in-depth discussion about the meaning of power and how to define it in the context of relationships, sex and intimacy.
Discover how ‘power’ is often misunderstood in our culture and needs to be viewed in the context of a ‘psychological patriarchy’ to be fully appreciated.
First, you will learn to recognize the 3 rings of ‘psychological patriarchy’:
1) The Great Divide: Feminine and masculine energy are present within each of us. When dealing with power and intimacy, a clear division of these juxtaposed energies will allow you to find balance in your own relationship.
2) The Dance of Contempt: This is where real imbalance can tilt relationships off their axis and create disharmony. Sex issues are but a symptom of this cunning dance of contempt.
3) The Core of Collusion: Explore the uncanny tendency of the feminine energy impulse to protect the fragility of whoever is on the masculine side of the equation, even while being hurt by that person.
These concentric circles will provide a backdrop to help you define power in your own relationship and begin to formulate a plan to dismantle the illusion of a ‘one up, one down’ dynamic.
In Module #1, you will discover:
- How to stop the ‘velvet war’: the dance of the ‘powerful’ and ‘disempowered’ that often goes unnoticed, but ultimately destroys relationships and ruins sexual intimacy.
- How to dismantle the power struggles that stem from insecurities.
- The secrets of forming healthy power dynamics in a relationship: emotionally, mentally and in the bedroom.
- Why control has nothing to do with power.
- Real-life examples of healthy power dynamics and how to implement these in your life and with your partner.
Why Intimacy Is For The Brave (and how to get couples to take the risk)
Honesty is a relative term. Ultimately, we’re only as honest in our relationships as we are honest with ourselves. Are you and your partner ready to be radically honest for the sake of intimacy?
In this module, learn how to become a relational champion. You need to actively promote your healthy relationship and sex life! Start to believe in your right to have a cherishing relationship. You deserve a relationship in which you and your partner are loved, supported and exceptionally intimate. To be certain, anything short of this is unhealthy.
Additionally, explore security in a new light. Security within a relationship are often misunderstood in two distinct ways:
Myth #1: Honesty = Insecurity. Wrong. Honesty = Bravery. It is true that being radically honest involves a perceived risk of ruining a relationship or inciting uncomfortable emotions in your partner, but walking through that fear is what ultimately creates an intimacy beyond traditional boundaries. This kind of fierce intimacy is what creates real security in the long run.
Myth #2: Security = Dullness. Wrong. Security = Adventure. True security is a direct result from rigorous honesty, which in and of itself, is exciting and adventurous.
The only way to embrace intimacy is with firmness and conviction. Learn how to be brave. Learn how to be courageous.
How to Understand the Link Between Sex and Intimacy
Why is it that ‘sex’ is so easy to talk about, but ‘erotic intimacy’ is embarrassing?
The answer is because sex is sex. It can be robotic. Sometimes it’s fun and exciting, but other times it’s boring and mundane. Either way, we tend to talk about it like it’s a sport… or a job.
Erotic intimacy, on the other hand, is never boring or robotic. To describe it as fun would be an understatement. Erotic Intimacy is an ecstatic abundance that incites new levels of joy and prosperity in your life and your relationship.
This module is based on the fact that the core issue of most sexual dilemmas has more to do with a lack of intimacy and emotional entanglements than physical attractiveness or techniques.
Try not to think of sex as something you do. Try to think of it as a space you enter or a place that you go.
Let Terry and Esther guide you in answering these 3 critical questions for you and your partner:
1) What are you expressing during sex, personally and for your relationship?
2) Is sex a place that heals wounds or is it a place where wounds come to seek refuge?
3) Where do you go in sex? Or if you will... What parts of you do you connect with during sex?
Everyone has different answers for these questions. It’s up to you to answer honestly.
The 7 Therapeutic Techniques To Empower Your Client's Relationships
In Module #4, you will discover the 7 professional secrets that Terry and Esther successfully use in their own private practices:
1) Relational Diagnosis: Discover your patterns. This is the drama that you and your partner subconsciously or consciously act out on a daily basis, especially in the bedroom. This is also called the ‘recursive loop’.
2) Empowering the Latent: This therapeutic version of role-playing involves empowering the ‘disempowered’ at an individual and energetic level.
3) Reconnecting the Blatant: This technique helps bring any grandiose energy within your relationship into open-heartedness and connection.
4) Teaching a New Vision: You can literally learn what more relational looks like and practice it with your loved one.
5) Amplifying: Did you know that you have super powers? ‘Amplifying’ is one of them. Once you have something that you want, amplify it! You can amplify a beneficial quality by paying attention to it.
6) Brokering: Also called compromise, ‘brokering’ is a safe and effective way to shuttle diplomacy back-and-forth between you and your partner.
7) Functional Skills: Vital to any growing relationship is the ability to see what a better dynamic would look like, and better yet, what it would feel like. This technique trains you to consciously implement different actions and reactions into your everyday interactions. Vigilance is key for this, because every interaction outside of the bedroom will ultimately translate to inside the bedroom. Your relationship will prosper and grow the more positive actions you take.
How to Move Your Clients to Unconditional Love
True power is not domination or aggressiveness.
It’s not controlling, condescending or insecure. And it never projects fear in the guise of deception. True power doesn’t need to disempower.
In fact, true power thrives on empowering your partner. True power is seeded in confidence and conviction. It knows not disempowerment. It is vulnerable. It is brave and honest.
True power is willing and ready. In this module, we do dive deep into what it means to unconditionally love and how to bring this to your clients. We will focus on untangling the negative patterns and look at how to set up the agreements that your relationship is built upon so that you can help clients construct a new and enhanced relationship.
In module #5, you will discover:
• The nuts and bolts of a solid ‘relational’ foundation
• Safe practices for helping your client sit in the space of sexual vulnerability to help them move closer in the relationship.
• How to help clients stay motivated to explore new avenues of intimacy for the rest of their life.
• The top 3 emotional awareness practices that make for intimate sexual experiences.
• How the principles of intimacy translate for same-sex couples.
BONUS CALL #1:
Fierce Intimacy with Terry Real
How to Keep Passion Alive by
Telling the Truth to Each Other
- When people back away from taking each other on the first casualty is usually passion
- Help couples tell the truth to each other, in loving firm ways
- Help couples respond with generosity and repair
- This Call with Terry is scheduled June 9th, 11am ET
BONUS CALL #2: Dealing with Less
Positive Parts with Terry Real
- With current revolution of trauma techniques everyone is "triggered"
- Are we minimizing human impulses that are aggressive, vengeful and nasty
- Broaden our understanding of trauma to include patterns that set-up perpetration as well as victimhood
- Healing the Wounded Wounder
- This Call with Terry is scheduled June 16th, 11am ET
BONUS CALL #3 & #4: Two Special Q&A
Session w/ Terry Real & Esther Perel
- A LIVE call with Esther and Terry to answer questions
- An overview and summary call for the program
- Other opportunities to study and further continue this training
- 1st Call with Esther and Terry is scheduled Thursday July 14th, 11am ET
- 2nd Call with Esther and Terry is scheduled Wednesday July 20th, 11am ET
Approved for 5 Continuing Education Credits
Power of Intimacy is approved for 5 Continuing Education Credits.
You may request CEs at the end of the program for a nominal fee ($20).
Here's Everything You'll Receive in
The Power of Intimacy Program
- 1. 5 Week Audio Course with Terry and Esther [Value $397]
- 2. Private Membership Area [$47]
- 3. Life Time Access and Fully Downloadable Files [$97]
- 4. Transripts of all the Recordings [$97]
- 5. PLUS 3 LIVE BONUS Classes - Two with Terry and one Q&A w/ Terry/Esther [Value $247]
- 6. ADD Apply for Additional 5 CEs when completing the course for nominal fee
Note: After you register you will be sent a user name and password
to access the first week, bonuses and you will be sent a welcome email.
A FULL 30-Day Money-Back Unconditional Guarantee
We’re confident that you’ll be happy with the Power of Intimacy. However, if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will offer you a full refund of the original purchase price for up to 30 days.
HEALTH DISCLAIMER/PRIVACY DISCLAIMER
This website or information purchased from this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be used to replace the specialized training and professional judgment of a health care or mental health care professional.
Terry Real or Esther Perel cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. Please always consult a physician or a trained mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others.
Self-help information and information from the internet is useful, but it is not a substitute for professional advice. If you are currently in treatment or in therapy, please consult your therapist, psychiatrist or mental health professional before you use any of the experiential exercises contained in the media that can be purchased on this site.